5.20.2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Day "I took a break today"

Last week we found out that Danny was chosen for a Fellowship he has been wanting to apply for since he started his Ph.D.  He was out of town at the time and I was just beginning the clean eating challenge.  So we set aside tonight to celebrate his accomplishment with sushi from our favorite sushi chef at Hama.  It worked out perfectly because I was needing a break from all the eggs and steamed vegetables, as well as needing time to get to Trader Joe's.  So tomorrow will be Day 8 and I'll go from there.  In the meantime, here's what I ate on my day off.

Breakfast: Strawberry Smoothie
Normally I would have a strawberry banana smoothie, but all the bananas I have in the freezer are reserved for the next week of the challenge.  So I thought I would give a plain strawberry smoothie a try.  It was pretty good.  I put in a tablespoon of almond butter and a tablespoon of chia seed.  Nothing fancy, just simple, good food.



Lunch: Curry Pot Pie, a few bites of Raspberry Coconut Cream Pie, a tiny bite of Mexican Chocolate Pie, and about 1/3 a cup of black coffee from The Pie Hole
This was so good.  I savored every bite of it, saving most of the sweet pie for my night time snack.  The reason I got all of this was because it was FREE!!  That's right, thanks to Belly and the fact that Pie Hole is right between my home and my school, I racked up enough points for a free piece of savory and sweet pie and a coffee.  Score!



Snack 1: Raspberries.  Plain and simple.



Dinner: Hama Sushi
This is the best sushi place ever, especially because they discourage phone use and don't allow pictures. As much as I love taking pictures of my food, I appreciate situations like this more.  Here's what I had:
-albacore sashimi plate
-2 salmon
-1 eel
-1 halibut
-1 red snapper
-1 mackeral
-1 yellowtail
-about 1/2 a glass of Sapporo
-1 cups of green tea

Snack 2: 1/2 of the Coconut Raspberry Pie and a bite of Mexican Chocolate Pie
Thanks Scotty for the leftover piece of your pie!



No comments:

Post a Comment