5.18.2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Day 6

If you are just joining me, I am doing Buzzfeed's Clean Eating Challenge and this is Day 6. Check out my other days below.

Breakfast: Mango Chia Pudding
This has to be prepared the night before.  I am actually a pretty big fan of chia puddings.  I started making them last year and tend to make a chocolate one when I'm craving something super chocolatey but want to be healthy.  This one was particularly tasty to me after a 5 mile run.  My first 5 mile run ever by myself, and my first one in 5 years.



Lunch: Mustardy Salmon Salad
Three cups of arugula is a little ridiculous.  That said, this salad is one of my favorite things from this eating plan so far.  I also still don't like the crunchy, almost raw, green beans, but still, this salad was amazing.  I was going to complain about the plan being wrong again because I didn't have half a lemon left, so I used my lime.  Turns out I did have lemon leftover though, in the fridge.  Whoops.  Anyway, the dressing tasted delicious and gave the salmon a nice Scandinavian flavor which worked well with the arugula too.



Snack 1: Carrots and Cucumber with hummus




Dinner: Vegetable Chili with Spicy Yogurt and Sautéed Zucchini
I didn't think I would like this since it doesn't have any chili powder and it looked a smelled like a boring vegetable stew.  But everything mixed together was amazing.  You have to have the yogurt with paprika in it on top of the chili, as well as the zucchini, because these two things make the dish what it is.  As far as making a full batch of the yogurt and freezing it?  That's dumb. It takes all of 20 seconds to whip up, just make it beforehand.



Snack 2: Pistachios and Blackberries
YUM!  What a great snack.  I will be eating more and more of this in the future.  Pre-shucked pistachios are a dream come true!




No comments:

Post a Comment