5.22.2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Day 9

If you are just joining me, this is Day 9 of Buzzfeed's Clean Eating Challenge.  Warning: I did not complete today's challenge!

Breakfast: Apple Omelet
This sounds really weird, and despite the buzz feed writer's warning that it is good, I was still skeptical. But I think this is going to be a new favorite.  Again, vanilla is key to this tasting so good.   I had trouble with it holding together as an omelet though, as you can tell from the photo.



Lunch: Tempeh Ball Spinach Salad
I really switched this one up.  I didn't buy collard greens because last week they went bad and I think they are gross.  But I had spinach leftover from last week.  I broke up the tempeh balls and tossed them into the salad with the tomato and avocado.  For the dressing, I just added a tiny bit of olive oil to the mustard and drizzled it on.  It was a bit too mustardy, but other than that it was really delicious.



Snack 1: Raspberries and Pistachios
Yeah, I switched it up again.  I don't know why raspberries aren't on the plan, because they are my favorite fruit!  The blackberries last week were better mixed with the pistachios though, maybe raspberries just need to be on their own.



Dinner: Wine Tasting at the Los Angeles Athletic Club
Thanks to my friend Scotty who invited me to the wine tasting.  Of course I had a tasting of each of the six Argentinian wines that were available.  I also gorged myself full of sugar.  They had macarons, come on!  Here's what I cheated with:
1. tasting of Chardonney, Merlot, 2 Malbec's, and 2 Cabernet Sauvignons
2. 6 macarons (pistachio, raspberry, chocolate, and vanilla)
3. a bite of cheddar, gouda, and some other smokey white cheese
4. 2 veggie potstickers with a little soy ginger sauce
5. a veggie mini pizza
6. some of the best guacamole I've ever had with a few chips
7. A chocolate chip cookie




Not so bad, overall.  A ton of sugar, sure.  Low in nutrients, probably.  But totally worth it!
I'll probably make the Fried Quinoa Bowl sometime next week once this challenge is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment