5.15.2014

Clean Eating Challenge Day 3.

Today was much better than yesterday.  I enjoyed everything and wasn't feeling hungry at all!
If you are just now joining me, this is me, Taryn, doing Day 3 of Buzzfeed's Clean Eating Challenge, because I am always up for a challenge.

Breakfast: Blackberry Yogurt Parfait 
Pretty straight forward, plus it has almonds and flax seed.  Too much protein!!  I hit 90 grams today, this is ridiculous!


Lunch: Asian Fish Salad
I thought I would be sick of this cod by the third day, but in this salad it was just another texture.  This salad sounds so simple, but the flavors and texture were really complex.  Adding a little soy sauce to the lime vinaigrette makes it so delicious.  And I usually hate cabbage, but I think after this I am a fan!



Snack 1: Avocado with lemon juice
It's exactly what it says it is.  I prefer avocado with soy sauce and sesame seeds though.  I think I will start eating this as a snack more often.  A whole half of a lemon was a bit too over powering for this snack.


Dinner: Cauliflower Steaks with lentils
Yummy!  I've been intending to do a cauliflower steak meal for years now, I don't know what I was waiting for, this was sooooo simple!!  I would make this again, but with my own lentils recipe which does not include soy sauce (which was really weird to me)  I like my lentils to be very thymey.



Snack 2: essentially hot chocolate
This was really good.  I needed a chocolate fix after last night's clementine snack… I used Trader Joe's 85% cacao bar, recommended by Koa and Angela.  This was no "Mayan Hot Chocolate" but it really hit the spot. (see my previous post)



No comments:

Post a Comment