2.26.2018

#36 - Pizzana

Pizzana was a long time coming in my neighborhood. I soon heard of JGold's glowing reviews and reviews of basically everyone else in this city whose food voice matters. They all loved it. I couldn't believe that a pizza joint with celebrity names and a Sprinkles Cupcake backer would be getting such positive and high quality reviews. I had to try it! Since we live in the neighborhood, it was easy enough to go there, put in our name, and go back home while we awaited our almost two hour call back. Of course we didn't actually go home, we went to Bar Toscana for drinks.

Once we arrived back, we noted that the hostess looked just like Reese Witherspoon. I noted this on my yelp review, to which someone replied to me that this was in fact Reese's daughter! She was gorgeous, but seeing a girl that I remember being born as my service provider made me feel really old!

We were sat at the Pizza bar. This is the best seat in the house. I've sat in another seat since and had a much less pleasant experience! The pizza bar is mesmerizing. You watch the people making the pizzas work with such precision and discipline. My favorite part is probably watching them move the pizzas around the oven quickly for an even cook. You get to see which toppings go on which pizza and in which order. It's fabulous.

Here's everything I've had so far:
-Carciofi Arrostiti: charred artichoke heart, fried baby artichoke, toasted pine nuts, parmigiano, lemon, olive oil
-Funghi: italian crema, fontina, shiitake and oyster mushrooms, caramelized onion
-Carborina: san marzano dop, squash blossom, burrata, cherry tomato, gremolata
-Chocolate cake: simple, but so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment