2.14.2018

#31 - Michael's

I'll admit, I didn't know about the Santa Monica institution that is Michael's restaurant. The night I made a last minute reservation and told friends and colleagues about it, everyone else seemed to know that they'd recently gotten a new chef and changed the menu up. So who knows what it was like before, but I'm really into their current menu (February 2018) I want to try out their happy hour too, specifically their daily $1.79 cocktail from 5:30-6:00pm only.

The restaurant itself is quite a surprise. I had already been told they have a nice courtyard, but that is an understatement. The whole restaurant completely opens up to this giant, plant and tree filled outdoor space, with a few steps down.

Burrata with tangerine, marinated cauliflower, and sour plum


Black lentil with cabbage, sunchoke, and curry leaf


Cavetelli with braised shiitake, english peas, and parmigiano-reggiano


Sea bass with bonito-rosemary agile, spiced carrots, and turnip


No comments:

Post a Comment