2.07.2018

#28 - Guerrilla Tacos

A completely new, small menu every day coming from a nondescript food truck just steps outside of my apartment and/or grad school door. This was the story of my life back in 2013-2014 when I was at SCI-Arc and drooling over Guerrilla Tacos on a weekly basis.

Chef Wes Avila is killing the gourmet taco game. I only hope when his storefront finally opens that the quality isn't lost, like what happened to Eggslut, RIP.

Sadly, I haven't had much opportunity to eat from Guerrilla since moving to the West Side, but you better believe on the rare occasion that I find myself in proximity to Guerrilla Tacos, that I partake. Even if I've already eaten, one taco is enough to quench my thirst.

Items tried as of July 2014:
-grilled calamari taco--my least favorite, but it was still good
-roasted golden beet taco- OMG.  How is this sooooooo good?  I have no idea what kind of crack they are putting in this to make it so freaking flavorful, but I could have eaten 10 of these.
-Duck egg torts without prosciutto.  Since I'm vegetarian and they were out of all their veggie items except a mushroom taco,  I really wanted this torta for the duck egg and everything else on it, sans prosciutto.  They complied and added mushrooms to it (since I asked that the price be lowered if the prosciutto wouldn't be required)  So, no lower price--this one was $10--but I'm incredibly glad they made this substitution for me.  It was served on top of a croissant with queso fresco, avocado, and chili de arbol.
-waffles, available on Sundays only.  I don't like waffles much, so I didn't love these, but purely for the reason that I don't like waffles.  Everyone who does love waffles loves these.
-Finally, going back to the first thing I ever had: Roasted corn quesadilla with Oaxacan cheese, momotaro tomatoes, avocado, shishito peppers, fried hen egg, burnt tomato chile, & McGrath greens, also $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment