1.26.2018

#86 - The Bellwether


Let's just put this out there - this food made me feel pretty gross. I left there feeling like a salt lick. While a few things were quite good, overall I felt underwhelmed and over salted. Unfortunately, I won't bother driving to the Valley for The Bellwether.


The cheese plate was quite nice. The bread was blueberry bread and the jam in the middle. Winner with this, but if they messed up on the cheese plate, that would be terrible.


Eggplant and goat cheese terrine. This was good, except for the fact that it was WAY over salted. The frisee salad was super interesting as it was atop of sundried tomato sauce and topped with a mint sugar. The terrine itself was very tasty, if you can get past the salt!


The tempura cauliflower with Thai spiced dipping sauce was by far the best thing that we tried. Danny and I both loved it!


We both gravitated to the charred octopus on the menu and when we ordered it, the waiter told us it was his favorite item on the menu. So we thought we were going to score. Score we did not. This dish fell completely flat. The yogurt sauce had a very strange flavor that I could quite put my finger on and didn't pair well with the octopus. The octopus itself was rubbery and fishy. Overall, a terrible dish that we couldn't even finish because neither of us wanted to take the last bite.


Finally, the polenta with mushroom saffron ragu sauce. The polenta without the ragu was delicious. I ate it all up. But the ragu....man, I don't know what to do! I know I like mushrooms and I know I like saffron. But this ragu was really unappetizing. The flavor was off, the texture, bad. I was super disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment