1.10.2018

#4 - Lukshon, #8 - Cassia

LUKSHON
I ate at Lukshon as a meal with my former employer. We ordered family style passed dishes and I thought everything was good, but nothing was spectacular. I think I had one cocktail and then switched to wine. I do recall them having a nice wine list as well as beer, which is what most of my colleagues were drinking.

Looking at their dinner menu, I believe I had some of the following:

Tea Leaf Salad - good, to be expected of a tea leaf salad. I'd previously had the famous one from Burma Superstar in San Francisco, and I would say that one left more to be remembered than the one at Lukshon.
Cold Sesame Noodles - good, basic, vegetarian dish
Heirloom Black Rice with fried egg - pretty good, this is what I ended up eating the most of as no one else was eating it and they all had plenty of meat-filled options to dine on
Chinese Eggplant - really good. Honestly, probably my favorite only because Chinese style eggplant is about the only Chinese food that I enjoy eating.

It's a good outdoor seating environment and the interior is pretty unique. I probably won't return because the menu is just not really for me, since I'm not so into Chinese food and it seems heavily Chinese influenced.

CASSIA
I used to live right next to Spice Table before it shut down and it was one of my favorite intimate date spots to eat with Danny. So I was incredibly excited to hear about Cassia opening. We've gone there at least three times and I'm always happy with my decision during and after the meal.

Some of my favorite dishes from Cassia:

Kaya Toast - you CANNOT leave this restaurant without partaking. I was ecstatic to discover that they were continuing to serve this popular and unique dish. The first place I'd ever had it before was at Spice Table and I could definitely eat multiple servings of it.

Cucumber & Mizuna Salad - I remember it being a really yummy salad and quite large

Black Cod - HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend. I clearly didn't read the description throughly, so when it came as a soup looking dish, I had questions. Then I dug it and O.M.G.... It was fantastic. The black cod melts in your mouth. The anchovy broth had enough salt to help the dish balance out without being overpoweringly fishy. It's really an outstanding dish.

*apologies for no photos, apparently I was not taking many photos of my food during this period...or I have lost them, either way, my Photos map is not showing me anything from either of these locations, despite my many visits to Cassia.

No comments:

Post a Comment