6.11.2014

01_Tasting Notes: Coffee is the new cupcake

Have you noticed the influx of coffee in your world?  It's definitely there.  Every other day Eater LA tells me about a new coffee shop opening in my neighborhood.  Of the past four yelp elite events that I have attended, two revolved around coffee.  "Cupping" has become a household term.  Just the smell of Folgers is sickening.  Similar to the first taste of sprinkles bringing a new meaning to cupcakes, the taste of coffee has evolved into something to be tasted, like fine wines.

As an architecture student, it may sound strange, but I'm no coffee addict.  I am somehow responsible for turning my two best friends into addicts of the black gold, but I mostly only drink it only for the taste (and on rare occasion, for the pick me up.)  In other words: I like good coffee.

Yesterday I tasted a coffee roasted in Kansas City Missouri, Oddly Correct Coffee Roasters.  My home state.  Woo.
The coffee was very full bodied, deep flavored, with a nice chocolatey finish.  No bitterness or bite here.  This coffee finishes clean, with just a hint of smokey aftertaste.  There is a slight fruity sweetness to it when it hits the tongue. Like apricots maybe.  I enjoyed another cup today and so should you.


1 comment:

  1. I like many desserts in which coffee product is used. Such products which I like are, coffee ice-cream, fruit custard, coffee fruit punch, and iced coffee shake.

    Regard

    ReplyDelete