4.30.2011

the organic dilemma.

I always try to buy organic fruits and vegetables.  I'm particular about my eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, and check labels on anything packaged making sure there are no artificial dyes, preservatives, or HFCS.  I don't mind spending the few cents extra for higher quality food or the extra money for free range hormone free chicken for Danny.  One thing I don't do is buy organic milk.  It's just that it is 2.99 for regular, vs 5.99 for organic, I don't drink cow's milk, and Danny claims he dislikes the taste of the organic.  But every weekend at Trader Joe's as I lift the regular 2% milk from the case, I get this bad feeling coming over me, like I am doing something wrong.  When did I become so radical?  Am I radical?  I often feel I belong in Portland, but at least I am in LA where being the way I am is not looked at like such a freak, as it is my hometown of Poplar Bluff, Missouri.  I know my family thinks I'm a weirdo.

What are your food purchasing dilemmas?  I can't be the only one who has them :)

1 comment:

  1. You are a weirdo Taryn but its okay, we still love you. I blame LA :)

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete